Dear WCA families,
Thank you for your ongoing support and the confidence you have placed in West Chester Academy to provide enrichment through the arts. We believe that kids need the arts and the normalcy of coming to class now more than ever. It is very rewarding for us to see our students growing and thriving in spite of the challenging situation we find ourselves in.
We consider it a great responsibility to navigate this ever-changing situation as it relates to Covid 19, ensuring that our protocols reflect our commitment to prioritizing the health and safety of all of our families. Since the beginning of the pandemic, WCA has provided clear communication and real-time decision-making. This has allowed us to offer continuous programming while providing consistent access to the benefits of enriching classes such as physical fitness, creative outlets, social-emotional health, and mental wellness.
We make all of our Covid-related decisions based on a variety of inputs, including local and national sources, as well as industry and studio data. Our current safety measures include:
- Are dropped off and picked up at the front door in order to minimize the number of people entering the building.
- Are asked to sanitize hands upon entry into the building.
- Are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Sit in the lobby chairs until their teacher comes out to call them into class.
- Parents of children under age 7 are asked to be at the front door for pick up.
- Parents of students new to the academy or very young may enter the building briefly to assist their child in getting settled and comfortable with the routine.
- Allow WCA staff member to open the front door and release students.
- May view their child's class by downloading the SpotTV Family app.
Faculty and staff
Teachers and staff wear masks in common areas and also during instructional time, except where not feasible or prudent to do so.
Adjust class times slightly to allow for taking one class out to connect with their parents and pick up the next class that is waiting in the lobby.
- We have installed an air purification system into the HVAC units which uses high-powered advanced UV light technology to eliminate airborne bacteria, mold, and viruses.
- Self-cleaning NanoSeptic Wraps have been installed on all door handles throughout the building.
- Enhanced daily cleaning protocols throughout the building.
- For Private Music students, a business-level Zoom account is maintained which allows us to support and manage our teachers and students efficiently. Private music students may join classes remotely— either regularly or for the occasional time they are not feeling well, or are within a quarantine period and not able to attend a lesson.
- For Dance students, a business-level Zoom account is maintained which allows us to support and manage our teachers and students efficiently. Dance students may join classes remotely for the occasional time they are not feeling well, or are within a quarantine period and not able to attend a class. We have also installed additional cameras in the dance studios to provide an inclusive experience for those students joining from home.
- For Gymnastics students, a flexible class makeup policy is offered for the occasional time a student is not feeling well, or is within a quarantine period and not able to attend class.
We will continue monitoring the situation week by week and will make you aware of any changes. We understand this message will cause relief for some and disappointment for others. Some will think it's too much and others may think it's not enough. This is the nature of the times we live in. But, it's also in our nature to adapt and to support each other. Our kids are mirrors of our reactions and emotions, so let's focus on what's positive! Thank YOU for your support!