West Chester Academy health protocol
In addition to the CDC guidelines for our sector specific operating requirements, we have been in ongoing communications with the Butler County Department of Health for advice on establishing the following procedures. We ask that you review the procedures below and join with us in helping to provide a safe and healthy environment for all. Please understand that these procedures may change and evolve over time following any new or revised guidelines by the state of Ohio and/or West Chester Academy.
All details are subject to change due to ongoing government mandates and health requirements.
- Teachers and staff will self assess their health prior to teaching and adhere to a 72-hour wellness standard.
- Teachers and staff are required to wear face coverings unless exempt for health reasons.
- Teachers and staff must sanitize or wash their hands at the beginning of each class.
- Teachers will keep at least 6' distance between themselves and students, unless teaching requires closer distance (spotting, etc).
- Teachers will dismiss lessons / classes a few minutes early in order to sanitize equipment, doors, hard surfaces, props, etc. before and after each class.
- Installation of comprehensive air purification system into our HVAC units that eliminates 99% of airborne bacteria, mold, and viruses.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed in every room and at the front doors.
- NanoSeptic Wraps that provide self-cleaning technology have been placed on all door handles throughout the building.
- Drinking fountains are covered and temporarily closed.
- The gymnasium foam pit is closed.
- Dance studio floors will be cleaned after every use with medical grade disinfectant.
- High touch point surfaces are cleaned regularly.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All teachers and staff are required to wear masks/face shields while in the building.
- Students 10 years and older are required to wear masks. It is recommended students of all ages wear masks in lobbies and high traffic areas.
- Please plan to drop off/pick up your child at the front door.
- Plan to arrive no sooner than your class start time.
- Limit student's items brought inside to just a water bottle (with child's name on it), unless it is something that pertains to their lesson.
- Everyone is subject to temperature checks upon entering WCA.
- Everyone must sanitize hands upon entering WCA.
- Staff members will meet students at the front door to ensure they make their way back to their classroom.
- To comply with state mandates, lobbies will be open only to students.
- If a parent entering WCA is a must, limit to 1 accompanying adult and please wear a mask in common areas.
- Lobbies are only open to students and seating is distanced.
- Parents, Students and Staff are asked to keep 6' distance from others, except for instruction during class which requires closer distance.
- Dance and Gymnastics students' parents will be given access to view classes remotely via SpotTV. See how to set up SpotTV.
- No high fives, hugs, or handshakes (temporarily).
- Shared equipment will be cleaned frequently including at the start and end of each class.
- Surface areas and high touch points will be disinfected regularly.
- Employees will wear facial coverings unless exempted for health reasons or instructional requirements.
- Lesson plans will be modified to curtail close contact with others and use of porous surface props.
- Instructors and students will maintain social distancing whenever possible; instruction may require closer interaction (e.g., spotting).
- Classes will be dismissed a few minutes early to allow for entering/exiting at safe distances and for time to sanitize areas and equipment between classes.